Thursday, May 4, 2017

looking unfinished

For the first time in years, I subcontracted a job out to alleviate some stress and responsibility. 
Seems laughable now as I am way more stressed out and completely out of control.
There was supposed to be a concrete garden boarder here on the 25th. I contacted these people initially to see if I could rent a curbing machine and a concrete roller stamp. They convinced me that they could get the job done, quicker, cheaper and by said date. I called on the 22nd. They called me on the 25th, the day it was supposed to be done, and told me they had to reschedule because of increment weather. The 22nd, the day they scheduled me, was two days after said increment weather they spoke of. They were rescheduling me for, "the end of the week." I prodded and pried, but they would not give me a date. By Friday, the end of the week I called for the 20th time. They told me I was rescheduled for Monday. I inquired if they were aware of the approaching snow storm and if that would effect this date. They said no. I told them if they couldn't get it done by then that I would have to go another route because I had to be done by the first and that the consequences for me not being done by then would be catastrophic for my company and myself financially.  Flash forward to Monday morning.I called and inquired as too their arrival time.
"Sorry. We have to reschedule due to increment weather."
WTF!? 
What kind of bullshit company is this? They had been in business nearly as long as I have. How is that possible?
That's not even the worst part.They said they would schedule me at the end of the week! Seriously?!
"No, no,no!"I tried to remain calm. "That's what you told me last time, then you scheduled me for the following week. I told you if you couldn't get it done by then that I would have to go another route. Financial devastation. Remember?"
"We can't control the weather sir."
"I asked you if the weather was a factor before it happened. You said no. You knew as well as I did that this storm would be major."
"It was worse in some other places than others."
"That's a real answer? I'm here with my client and we want to know when you will finish what you have promised."
"Jimmy hasn't gotten back to me with a schedule yet. I'll get back to you later in the week"
"But that's when I was told I'd be rescheduled for. Later in the week. What does that even mean?"
"That's the best I can tell you sir."
You're best is shit. Here we are Thursday morning. It's later in the week. Still no word. If they schedule me for the following Monday again...
Wish me luck. I need it.